Thursday, February 4, 2010

It's new furnace day at the house

which is likely to turn into a three ring circus because I live in Pennsylvania and the furnace is supposidly being shipped from Texas.

It's due in here at noon. I am dubious because I am a believer in the O'Toole corollary to Murphy's Law. This corollary reads as such: Murphy was an optimist.

Now, the guys have been in the basement getting things ready and doing the prep work as I write and they told me to turn up the heat as high as I can because it is cold out and there is not going to be a furnace in the house for the rest of the day.

Fact is, if the damned furnace doesn't get here on time, it's going to be a long cold night.

Of course, it's not the furnace arriving on time that I really fear. Generally speaking, that's not the headache.It's a pretty good bet that the furnace will show up on time.

The headache comes when you end up freezing your ass off all night because someone forgot to install the dollar seventy-nine cent One Each Mk IV,BC-603, A-11-2 multiple use Frammis pin in the furnace and the guys don't have a spare one kicking around.

When that happens, you're screwed.

Like I always say, it's the little stuff that gets you.





my other blog is:

http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment