Sunday, May 8, 2011

I'm a goin' fishin'

I am going fishing when I get ashore. The fish I will catch is going to be 5 feet 5 1/2 inches long because that is as far as I can spread my arms when someone asks me about the size of the fish I caught. That's a pretty good sized bluegill. If I was taller with longer arms the fish I will catch would be bigger yet.
==========================
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=
=============================

The other day I posted about my career as an officer in rumor Control.

Today it got back to me that I knocked out 25 chin-ups in as many seconds.

The other day one of the younger guys went past the chin-up bar and knocked out about 20 and made a cocky comment. I replied I'd beat that the next time I felt frisky.

The following day I saw him out on the deck of the tug. He was below us and I just knew he could only see my upper half if I chinned myself, so I put a stepstool below the bar, shouted down to him and he got to see an old man knock out about 25 chin-ups in as many seconds.

I got to see him stand there agape.

Got him with the old stepstool under the chin-up bar trick. I may not be able to keep up with him, but I can still out think him.

Of course he ran his mouth and it didn't take long for it to get back to me.

Word still travels fast out here. Some things never change.

Still, 25 chin-ups in as many seconds in my 60th year is a pretty good rumor to have going around about you.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment