Friday, May 20, 2011

lLmost booted out of the cardiologist's office today.

Almost got kicked out of the cardiologist's office today by some stupid Big Nurse type.

There was the usual paperwork and where they wanted my family medical history I put down that my father died of a heart attack at 57. I then wrote in that my mother died at 83 and left the cause blank.

At 57 it's an entirely different thing. Fifty-seven is too early to die and something is wrong there so the doc ought to be aware of it. At 83 you have a right to die and you do not have to explain anything to anybody

I went toward the examination room and the doctor was following me in and the Big Nurse came running up and told me that I had not put the cause of my mother's death down and handed me the form.

I wrote in 'knife fight'.

She took about three steps and froze when she read it and got all worked up and demanded an explaination.

"Ah, it was wet T-shirt night at the Kit Kat club and she was up there drivin' the guys wild with thos big naturals of hers and some littly hussy with a lousy silicon job got all jealous and started a cat fight with her when she got off stage. Ma wasn't as quick as she used to be and couldn't get a beer botle busted fast enough so she wound up taking a shank. She still tore the hussy's face up with the bottle, though but she bled out on the way to the hospital." I explained.

"That sounds like a lie to me," said the Big Nurse.

"Prove me wrong," I shot back. "That's my story and I'm stickin' to It!"

Meanwhile the doctor was trying not to wet his pants laughing and he told the nurse that he would handle it. When we got inside the examining room I simply told the doctor that I didn't think it was pertinent as she had lived a long time, and just leave the poor woman with her dignity.

He agreed and we looked at each other and laughed.

"Knife fight, huh?" he said. "That's a good one. I'll leave that on the form."

For the life of me, I fail to see what good the cause of death of an 83 year old mother is going to do to give the doctor anything to go on. The woman lived 83 years and raised 5 kids so she must have been doing something right.




my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment