Thursday, May 26, 2011

We'll see how today goes.

Woke up feeling a little more optimistic and because I ignored yesterday's urge to say the hell with it and bury myself in Jameson's, I feel pretty good.

I just ambled out and looked around and the driveway I redid yesterday and it looks pretty good and so do my flowers that are not blooming yet, but will be soon. There sure are a lot of them. I've planted them by the hundreds and the whole yard will soon explode into colors.

I don't KNOW what colors, but it is pretty exciting because this is the first time I have planted flowers from seeds. Generally I buy a boatload of flats and simply transplant the little bastards.

Combat laptop 3 is giving me a morning headache. I'm wondering about it as this morning when I woke it wouldn't permit me to log into this blog. It makes no sense to me and I am going to have to spend a little time getting it up and running again.

I guess there is a new guy on the block with a new wireless router because I found Laptop 3 was trying to sign in on another router on its own.

I reset it to mine and deleted the other one.

I think I am going to have to move Laptop 3 away from the window or something. I'll figure it out.

One of the things I hate about all of the computer systems is that every program thinks it is the Holy Grail of programs and wants to become the Big Computer Boss and download all sorts of crap like toolbars. You have to be VERY careful lest you wind up with so many toolbars etc that you have no area on the screen to work with.

I've had to delete many things that I didn't want because things get sneaky and as soon as you blink the little box you have unchecked rechecks itself and BAM! Another toolbar or something.

One thing I have learned to stay away from is 'clickpotato'. Getting that is easy. I picked it up from a blog I visited. I played hell getting rid of it. It is a truly bogus deal. It is supposed to be some kind of movie player.

I just wish that these programs would do what I want them to and not what they damned well decide they are going to do for me.

I don't use many of them anymore since I reformatted. They are more trouble than they are worth. My combat laptops have only 3 main purposes, this blog, a website I visit and email and that's pretty much it unless I decide I want to google something.

That's enough for today, I may add to this later on today.


I just ran an errand and met another Old School guy like myself. We had a very nice chat about stupid people getting worked up over a 12 hour power outage. Interesting conversation. He simply put his battery powered radio on a local talk staation and lusghed all night over panicky people scared to death over a brief power outage.

I finally got into the Blog on the other machine. I decided NOT to dig through IE all afternoon so I pulled a fast one andd simply downloaded Google Chrome which you can make a safe bet that it will work on Blogspot because Blogspot is a part of the Google Empire. Logic dictates this.

I think I am going to figure out a way to get that other router network to stay away from me as I do not like to be intruded in on.

I might snag the Webley and try out the 380/200 ammo in it. We'll see. If it works I'll reload my own. I bet that the pistol will shoot POI with this good ammo in it. It shoots a bit low now.

I got the ammo and bullets from a guy in Wisconsin and here it is Memorial Day and I ordered the stuff around Christmas time and it got here about a week or 2 ago. It took several calls to get him off of his dead ass and onto his dying feet to go and get it together.

This must be one of those part time businesses where he waits until he gets a bunch of orders to fill because I can't see running a serious business that way.

Oh, yeah. I gotta get gas before my benefits run out. I'll do that as soon as I finish here. I can get 30 gallons at a buck sixty a gallon off with my supermarket savings, 30 gallons max. That's a $48 savings which ain't to be sneezed at.

Last year about this time I got thirty gallons for one cent because I let the benefits run until they got high enough. Now you have to use them or lose them, which sorta sucks.

Oh, well. I am off and running for gas and maybe later to shoot the Webley.

I just got back in from getting gas and checked my milage. A little over 27 which means we are now using the so-called Summer Gas. On the turnpike I can generally break 30 in the summer, and in the winter I MIGHT be able to get 25-26 mph.

It would be interesting to see the pollution logistics when you take the milage difference into consideration.

My fuel perks permit me 30 gallons at the discount and I generally fill my tank and snag a couple of gallons for the lawn mower and string trimmer. I suppose you are not supposed to, but the guy in the store says it is OK just so long as it doesn't get out of hand, meaning you don't cart off more than a couple of gallons in a can. Five tops.

Of course, there is always somebody that starts in with this "Hey, that's not fair" crap and someone did. I offered him my cell phone and suggested he call someone that cared. He walked off in a huff.

I went out again for some Memorial Day grub and some beer.

I might have a single beer Memorial Day afternoon, but you can bet I won't have another one until after I shut down shop.

The neighbors walk their pets past the house every evening and on Memorial Day if I am home I put a bayonet on a Garand and stick it in the yard and put an old steel pot helmet on top of it.

The soldier's grave.

A lot of people stop and think when I do that as a general rule and that is a good thing. I've had a few comments over the years about my doing that. There are a few people that see it and cross the street to pass by.

Like with most things, there are people that think and people that don't think.

Of course, if I am not there to keep an eye on it, I pull it inside. No use tempting a thief with a perfectly good Garand.

It irks me when people do not understand Memorial Day.



my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Use firefox and install under Extras->Add-Ons Adblock Plus.

    ReplyDelete