Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Last night. Power outage

Last night as I was booting up this machine to crank out yesterday evenings post the power died.

At 0645 it came back on again and so far I do not know the reason.

I guess that while everyone and their cousin was running around looking for batteries and flashlights and portable radios I just continued my business until it started getting dark and simply went to bed early. Why not?

There is nothing I can do to put the power back on and I saw no need to get all worked up and break out a bunch of stuff to stay up all night worrying about the power.

I woke for a bit a little after midnight and looked around and saw a couple of homes lit by either kerosene or candles and wondered why they simply just didn't go to bed.

I admit I was curious enough to listen to the radio for a couple of minutes and they said nothing about it during the two minutes or so that I listened. The radio was not battery powered.

It is an Old School WW2 style foxhole radio that needs neither AC or batteries and works off of the radio waves in the air. It generally runs at the Piccolo house 24/7 unless someone unhooks the antenna or ground.

Anyway, I woke up a little before six which is to be expected and found the lights still out and shortly after I make something to eat they came back on again.

It is odd as to what my priorities have become. I missed not the lights nor the television nor radio or the usual crap that people gripe about. I missed being able to go to this blog and spout off a little.

I briefly considered grabbing the combat laptop and going to a WiFi hotspot in another area, but decided not to.

Anyway, that is the tale of last night's power outage.







my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment