Sunday, July 3, 2011

In and out of internet service today.

Today will be a day of in and out internet service which is fairly common out here off the coast. We go in and out.

It is one of those irritating things that make you think about things a bit.

Generally I get pretty frustrated when I have a tool or piece of equipment that works when it feels like it. Some years ago I had a radial arm saw that did that and it got to the point where it was so frustrating that it became out and out dangerous so I turned it into a reliable piece of equipment by working on it with an old fire axe. When I was done working on it it could be counted on to do absolutely nothing but sit there and occupy space.

The internet situation here is a little different.

Allthough you go in and out of the signal periodically you can still at least get a few things done.

This post has been written on WordPad and as soon as we get back into range it will be posted in the period of just a few seconds.

Oddly enough, we get TV reception out here and a shipmate is glued to the Case Anthony trial which is a Florida case where a mother is accussed of murdering her child. He has been watching it since it started because he finds it interesting for some reason or another.

I do not find the trial interesting at all, really but my shipmate brought my attention to an interesting little sidebar in the trial.

Apparentlly there was one of the spectators giving the prosecutiors the finger and making faces at them.

The judge brought the entire trial to a screeching halt and hauled the young man up to the front, sat him down and brought him up short. The lad got six days in the slam for contempt of court.

For a minute or so I thought that it was a bit light, but on second thought that is probably about right. The kid got slapped down and will get a week in the cooler to learn that there are consequences to his actions. It will serve as a wake-up call for him.

It was a stupid thing for the kid to do and the kid gets an early lesson in life that stupid hurts.

I don't have a problem with that.

I'd just love to hear what the kid's parents have to say about that. I'd just bet they are moaning and wailing and carrying on about how the kid has First Amendment rights.

OK, the kid has First Amendment rights. Take them outside. You do not disrupt court when a woman is on trial for her life.

Back in my time if I had gotten six days in the slam for contempt of court it would have been the longest six days of my life because I would have been sitting in my cell contemplating the worst part of the punishment which would take place when I got released and my parents got ahold of me. Dad would have blown the whistle and thrown out a penalty marker for a stunt like that.

Anyway, it looks like Casey Anthony is going to draw the 'Go to jail' Monopoly card. She won't pass 'Go' and she definitely will not collect $200.

Of course, that is a guess based on my shipmate's guess as I have seen very little of the trial as I have no real interest in it.

ANyway, that's my post for the day and as soon as we get back into range it will be posted.




my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment