Sunday, July 24, 2011

It is Sunday and I am busy getting squared away.

At last we have an overcast day and th heat is down so I feel pretty good about doing a little outside work without getting roasted.

One of the things I have learned is to schedule outdoor things to coincide with temperate weather. Years ago I would charge out into either the freezing cold or the desert heat to tackle a project.

One day I checked th crime statistics to see if this was a good idea.

As to be expected, thieves seem to go after money and property. I have yet to see a reported case where some thief sneaked in and stole work from some unsuspecting citizen.

Of course, maybe it happens all of the time and goes unreported, but it has never happened to me. Then agsin, if something like this DID happen to me i doubt I would go to the police to report it, either.

Picture the officer taking the report.

"Officer, I was getting ready to rake my leaves this morning and when I got up and went outside I saw that some dirty little thug had stolen them!"

Black and white movie time. Picture an old style desk sergeant sitting behind a 1940s desk microphone.

"Calling all cars! Calling all cars! Be on the lookout for a work thief! LAst seen at Piccolo's house last night stealing his leaves."

Doubtful scenario.

Likely scenario: "Don't worry, Piccolo, there are a couple of nice young men in clean white coats that are going too help you take a nice little rest."

In short, nobody out there is going to steal your work if you delay it a couple of days until the weather gets better. May as well take advantage of it.

I gotta go out and move some dirt before the sky opens up again and it gets too damned hot out.

Adios.

my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment