Saturday, July 23, 2011

Ya gotta love dumb luck

The other day I snagged a big atomic clock at Radio SHack for about $30 and a couple of hours later I took it back because I couldn't get it to stick to UTC. Every so often it would do what IT wanted to do and not what I wanted it to do.

It would reset itself every so often to the local time zone because it thought it was smarter than me. Things that have that attitude often find out that they are really quite stupid because it doesn't sink in that I have a big hammer until they start getting pounded to smithereens.

Then again, I figured it would be a better deal to get my $30 back, which I did.

This morning I had to run to the supermarket for coffee and Coke and juice and along the way I spied a garage sale and on a whim went in.

Bingo!

I scored a pretty good big faced clock, exactly what I wanted for $2.


You can't beat dumb luck.



my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment