Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Time to secure for work.

Work has just reared its ugly little head and off I go to spin the wheels of industry.

One of the things I get a kick out of is how people like to bellyache about the oil companies and how I sometimes get crap forworking for them.

They really do not have much to say when I tell them that without them they will have to walk home and freeze in the dark. They do not like that very much.

The other oones are the people that seem to blame me and hold me personally responsible every time the price of a gallon of gas goes up.

I have a way of dealing with them, too.

I look thoughtfully and then mention that I'd like to have another villa in Spain and I guess I'm just going to have to add another quarter a gallon to the price of gas so I can afford it.

It gets a dirty look from them.

One guy gave me a snotty answer to that and I snapped that if he didn't stop whining I was going to raise the price another three bucks just to give him something to whine about and if he didn't like it he could just walk.

These are the same people that blame the little girl at the register for the prices the market charges.

The little girl at the register has to take it. Guess what?

I don't.

Come to think of it, sometimes I am the champion of the little girl at the register.

WHen some fat slob was griping about paying an extra $2 for an XXXXXXXXXL I interrupted and told him that the smaller sizes were made by workers in a Chinese sweatshop, but his size had to be custom made by Omar the Tentmaker and that Omar charged union scale.

Then I looked at the girl and told her that maybe the store should charge the fatties the same price as a public service so as to keep them from assaulting out eyes by running around naked.

Of course, the guy threw a fit, but too damned bad. I get tired of people blaming the first person handy. Screw 'em.

Besides, seeing the grateful look on a clerk's face when you bail them out is worth it.


my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment