Monday, November 5, 2012

I have been called a heartless bastard

because of my attitude to a lot of New Yorkers since Sandy has clobbered the east coast.




I am not. What happened on the Jersey coast and in New York City is not to be taken lightly.



Several areas were hat and hit damned hard and will be out of utilities for quite some time. A lot of people have lost homes and even entire neighborhoods have been destroyed. Again, this isn't to be taken lightly. I have made a donation for what it is worth and I will not post how or where except to say that it will be used to help someone's family get by. They prepped, but got their butt kicked anyway by Mother Nature who is heartless.



I can think of a couple people I have mat through the web that have a hard row to hoe as they are not likely to get power for another month and winter is coming on.



I have an awful lot of sympathy for those that prepared as best they could and lost out.



Most of these people are the guys that pull their pants on and go into work every day and try and make a living so the 'free stuff army' doesn't have to. These are the guys that actually know how to do something and in general can take care of themselves. These are the people I have some respect for and Mother Nature did them wrong, not that she has anything remotely resembling a conscience.



There are a pretty good number of reports of looting going on and my solution to that is the same solution I have alway had for that kind of problem. Until society lost it's nerve, the generally accepted solution was to shoot looters on sight. It did a pretty good job until someone decided to put thieves on the list of oppressed and misunderstood people. I have always thought that shooting looters on sight was a pretty efficient way of dealing with the scourge of looting. The recividism rate among looters drops rapidly when this tack is taken.



There have also been a number of cases of generator theft reported. The solution to that is the same solution that should be used on looters. Three or four stiffs laying around a generator should be a deterrent. There is nothing more effective than a shotgun blast to get someone's attention and let them know that stealing someone's survival gear isn't a very good idea.



Many of the people in these out of the big city areas are armed and are making it clear that they will defend their goods.



There was another mistake I made earlier and that was that I said some of the relief linemen from other states were being turned away because they were nonunion. I have read that one of the power companies from the southern states that sent nonunion help there is denying this. Someone on either one of the wire services or the many internet papers posted it and I read it and posted it. Maybe the unions have relaxed the regulations for the time being.



While I do have an open heart to those working stiffs that lost everything, my heart is still pretty hard towards those that didn't have the common sense to at least stock up on a few staples to tide them over until the city gets back on it's feet.



Maybe there is some good to come out of all of this.



Maybe the guys that had to go out and buy gas cans and find half their gas has dribbled out all over the side of their cars because of government mandated pour spouts might have a little food for thought.



Maybe they will decide that government isn't the solution, it is generally the problem.









my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment