Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Today is going to be a long day

 for me because I have a boatload of things to do but I do have time for a brief post.


So OK, General Petraeus has resigned from his job of running the CIA because he got caught having an affair. Fair enough, even though it wasn't all that long ago that President Clinton got caught doing the same thing but got to keep his job.

I am not writing this to comment about who is boinking who because unless there is somethig wrong with them these are activities that take place behind closed doors.

My bone to pick is with the media for having both the nerve and stupidity for invading the privacy of Holly Petraeus, the General's wife.

I've seen several articles out there explaining that Mrs Petraeus is upset over the matter and I don't blame her one bit. She has the right to be and even if she didn't care a whit she at least is almost forced to go on record as being upset about it or people will think that something is wrong with her.

The truth is that the media really had no right to descend on this poor woman that is in the middle of a marital crisis whatsoever. They are nothing but worse than bloodsucking leeches.

I suppose that one could say that they have improved because at least they are not digging around looking for semen stains like they did during President Clinton's little dalliances but this is far from over. If there is something more to be dug up, I'm sure we are going to hear about it.

While I suppose that David Petraeus is somewhat of a (semi) legitimate target for media scrutiny, his wife, Holly isn't. I would like to add Holly Petraeus to my growing list of people that ought to be issued a paparazzi hunting license, right up there with Prince Harry and a bunch of other people I could think of.

Let these people have the OK to defend their privacy with deadly force and if they so desire, they should be able to take the heads of these bloodsuckers down to a taxidermist for mounting.

While I suppose that Holly Petreaus is going to eventually go back to semi obscurity, Prince Harry isn't and I think it would be a hoot to have Harry be able to take people into his trophy room and show off the mounted heads of various rude photographers.

I'll digress here a moment to describe the time Prince Harry and I went out for a couple of pints to check out the antics of the Picadilly Circus crowd. When I drove my pickup into Buckingham palace to pick him up, he invited me in while he changed out of uniform and into civvies. We went through his trophy room and he showed me a few of his favorites.

His favorite was the photographer that followed him into the loo and tried to get a shot of him sitting on the toilet. "When he kicked down the stall door, I caught him with two in the chest and one in the throat as I didn't want to ruin the head. If you look carefully at the base of his neck you can see where the bullet got him and the taxidermist hid the hole quite nicely," the Prince explained.

I was quite impressed. The taxidermist had done a wonderful job, even to the point of reproducing the vulturing photographer's beady little eyes, greasy complextion and the face actually showed the aura of what a barnacle on the ass of humanity he was, right down to the watery ripe and ready to pop oily whiteheaded zit on his nose. Excellent detail work.

I suppose it is highly unlikely that Holly Petraeus is going to have any heads hanging on her wall, though even though she is entitled to. They would probably only serve to remind her of something she would rather forget.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment