Friday, November 2, 2012

I voted a couple of days ago

 and now I am just going to sit back and watch as my job is done and I have done what I can. I voted absentee as I have done from time to time because as a sailor I am not always in port for the election.




I voted at the county building absentee and it cost me fifteen bucks to park. As I turned in my ballot I had a feeling that my vote was possibly to be opened before the election and thrown away because I am beginning to think that Pittsburgh is corrupt. Not as corrupt as Philly, of course, but corrupt none the less.



I have seen a number of things in the county happen that make me raise my eyebrows and I am not really an alarmist. One thing I saw a while back was they left the polls open after voting hours (supposidly) so that people that were late coming home could vote. Later I heard that a number of vans from the local colleges showed up full of students so I sort of think something foul was in the air.



Voter fraud as I have posted before is serious business and while there are candidates out there I do not want to see in office, I would rather see one of these jerks in office honestly than see them cheated out of office by having someone tamper with the ballot box. It is that sacred.



An election isn't about Piccolo's agenda, it is about the agenda of the American people and it is sacred. An election isn't a joke and is a very serious matter. It is the basis of our way of life and there is no room in it for foolishness.



The ballot box isn't anything to fool around with. Anyone caught tampering with an election should simply be shot. Voter fraud should be a capital crime and the penalty should be death by musketry. It would go a long way to solving that problem. Putting an execution of those involved in voter fraud live on Fox and CNN one single time would be enough to make a lot of these people that cheat us out of a free election think that maybe this isn't a very good idea.



Our freedoms are guarded by four boxes. They are the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box. Opening the cartridge box is nothing to be taken lightly. It is there for when everything else fails but I am beginning to wonder if the time to open it isn't coming up fast.



This has nothing to do with who wins any election. It has everything to do with who wins the election by dishonesty. I would turn on the candidate of my choice in a heartbeat if I could prove he won dishonestly.


What is more important than the outcome of an election is the integrity of it.


my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. I thought about voting early today. I have to work the day of the election and I won't get to my polling station until it's almost closed.

    What puts me off is two things. First, finding a parking spot. Second, paying for such a parking spot. Third, I had been running errands all day and I am just tired of waiting in lines.

    ReplyDelete