Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Today is election day

 and I do not want to hear a damned thing about it until either sometime around midnight or maybe even tomorrow. If there is not a clear winner and the thing gets settled in courts I don't want to hear about it until it is over.




Incidentally I think this is possible that the results will take months because I read somewhere that the Team Obama has a group of 3100 lawyers holed up in Ohio 'just in case'. While that sounds like a lot of legal representation, it would not surprise me to hear that it is true.



I have just survived another season of looking at a pile of butthurt and sniveling from both sides.



I have already voted because I had the opportunity to do so as an absentee and now I just want to wait things out as drama free as possible until the final results come in. I have no intention of running to the TV or the radio every five minutes and going all agog over things because I have done all I can and it is just time to wait and see.



I have heard people threaten to do all sorts of things if their candidate doesn't win and the overwhelming bulk of it is just hot air. Celebrities often threaten to move to France or someplace if their guy loses. Generally my attitude toward people like that is "Pack your damned bags and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out."



Of course, it is hot air and we should be so lucky to get a few of these Hollywood elites out of our hair. I get tired of them using their celebrity status to try and get involved in politics. We'd all be better off if they just went about the business of singing or making movies and simply shut the hell up about things. The time they waste trying to be big shots could be put to working at their trade and maybe the quality of the movies and music might get a little better.



Another thing that I am now glad to see go away is the constant whining and lying both sides seem to come up with about their opponents in the media. I have grown tired of it a long time ago. However, I can turn the television off and instead do something constructive.



Still, the thing that has irked me every recent election is the number of phone calls I get at home pleading me to vote for the caller's candidate. Generally these calls seem to arrive when I am supposed to be standing by awaiting a call from either my employer or someone else a little more important than the idiot on the other end.



This year I managed to get a number of the calls to drop off by explaining to the caller that I was going to vote for the candidate that calls me the least and that their call has just broken the tie so until I get two more calls from his opponent, that's who I'm voting for.



I was surprised that when I took this tack the number of phone calls dropped considerably. It upped my personal 'peace and quiet' level a few points. Apparently Mr. Romney's people were at least paying attention and took me seriously because they stopped calling almost at once while the Obama people kept calling. Looks like Mitt's people wanted my vote.



My guess of the results of the election is going to be that if the President is reelected the unemployment rate will not go down very fast. If Romney wins the unemployment rate will drop because I have heard that there are an awful lot of investors out there sitting on quite a bit of money and are waiting until the election before they get off of any of it to either commence or expand operations.



While I do not see unemployment dropping like a stone no matter who gets in, I do see things jobwise improving under Romney because he knows that the way you make an economy grow is by nurturing business instead of just handing out government checks.



We'll see what happens and I have no plans to spend tomorrow sitting next to a television set sitting on the edge of a seat all day listening to a bunch of talking heads prattle on because I do not own a hot air balloon.



If I did own such a thing I suppose I would take it to the nearest television studio and get myself a bunch of free hot air and go for a ride, compliments of the media.


my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment