Thursday, November 22, 2012

It is Thanksgiving day and now there is coffee in the house

However, I do not see a coffee pot so I just grabbed a saucepan and I guess it'll be hobo coffee which is fine by meas I actually like it that way every once in a while. A lot of people have never had it and do know what they are missing.

Back when I lived in Alaska I had an old coffee pot that I made coffee in daily that didn't have the strainer basket in it. I'd just fill it with water, dump about a half lid of coffee intothe water and boil the hell out of it. After it boiled a while I would remove it from the heat and throw some cold water into it to settle the grounds to the bottom of the pot.

It made pretty good coffee and after most of the guys tried it they confessed to liking it and dropped by often for a cup.

Anyway, it looks like I am good to go.

Today we will try our luck at cooking a turkey and see how that comes out. It ought to be pretty good as my nephew is pretty good with basic skills.

Last night was a fun night of guerilla radio as I made several QSOs on the fly, setting up the PRC 320 anywhere we thought we could get away with it.

We got booted out of a Starbucks where we had set up with permission after some rat-faced weasel that had flunked out of Mass Maritime went inside and ratted us out, telling the manager there was no such thing as the Anit-Piracy Task Force.

She came charging out and told us she was calling the police and we were on the road in lett than one minute looking for another place to set up which we found a few minutes later and went back on the air for a while before we left for another spot. It got cold later so we went home and set up there.

One thing, when the manager of the Starbucks saw us folding up she went inside and the weasel made the mistake of coming out and took a one ounce sinker launched from the infamous slingshot right in the butt.

Whap!Hope the sniveling little whiney bastard got a golf ball sized blood blister that will keep him from sitting down to his turkey dinner.

The coffee's done and it's pretty good and as I type there is a stream of people waking up heading straight to the bathroom, the kids are the first up. Old men wake up first and that is generally followed by little kids.

I suppose that near the end of my life I will wet my pants and come full circle. Whatever. As my life starts to come to a close, the kids lives are beginning.

Happy Thanksgiving.








my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

1 comment: