Saturday, November 17, 2012

One of the things I remember from far away and long ago was gum.

I think I was in junior high when I was chewing gum and a teacher asked me if I had brought enough gum for everyone.

"Why? You some kind of communist?

That cost me an hour after school.

SOme time later in a class I was nailed for chewing gum and the teacher asked me the same thing. I had a pocketful of gum and got up and started handing it out.

THAT one cost me an hour after school.

While I was sitting in detention I looked at the teacher and told him that I had spent my earlier grades practicing hiding under a desk because of communists and that now it seemed that they were teaching us the very same thing by using gum as an example. They want to take my gum away and make me give it to someone else like some kind of communist.

I went on that I suppose I wouldn't mind it too much if everyone out there shared their gum but I pointed out that there were a lot of people that woiuld not bring any in no matter how much they got from everyone else and that I wasn't going to be suckered into that little game.

He looked like a guy that had gotten hit in the face with a bucket of ice water.

"You're right," he said. To the best of my knowledge he never asked a recalrticent gum chewer if he had brought enough gum for everyone.

Now I hear murmurings of taking our 401ks because it isn't fair that the poor don't have enough money to retire on.

Fact is, I don't have enough money for myself, much less anyone else.




my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. I figure it'll have to happen eventually, as the .gov runs out of other people's money and sees all that ca$h in 401(k) accounts.

    That's why I cashed in mine last year - that, and anticipation of the rollback of the "Bush tax cuts" in 2013. I figured 65% of the total was better than 45%.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make that 55% of the total. 35% tax bracket plus 10% penalty.

    ReplyDelete