Thursday, November 8, 2012

I have heard a number of people saying that they will stop donating to charity

 because the voters have just mandated that charity is the job of the government.




Interesting.



I can see that to a certain extent. As far as I go, the Free Stuff Army isn't getting a whole lot out of me as it seems that the government is taking care of them already. I really do not have a whole lot of respect for them and they can starve for all I care which isn't likely because an awful lot of them eat a whole lot better than I do on the government tit.



However, I am still going to be fairly charitable like I have been over the years but I think I'll keep things on more of a local level so I can keep an eye on where my money goes. So much for the United Way and other commercial charities. They're off of my list.



I have also heard that a couple of people that were waiting for election results have decided not to expand their businesses and a couple of others have decided to downsize. I really can't blame them because the amount of profit they are likely to make by hiring other employees has seemed to drop to the point where it simply isn't worth it to put up with the hassle of having another employee. Enter the law of diminishing returns. He blames this on Obamacare, which makes sense after he briefly explained it.



In other news, Boeing is laying off, having supposidly promised the president that they would wait until after the election. I have heard murmurings of other places getting ready to lay off.



Personally my plans have taken a turn as I am not planning on working any huge amounts of overtime because instead I am cutting things way back. The other reason for this is that the more I make, the more they take and simply give away to the Free Stuff Army that seems to keep wanting more and more as time goes on.



I am also going to be retiring in a few short years and because I think that Social Security is likely to be either reduced, changed or outright implode I suppose I will need every nickel I can get my hands on just to stay alive.



The truth is that we simply can't go on this way and there are going to be some hard choices to be made and that is simply the way it is. Frankly, with the recent elections, it looks to me that we have decided to put off the decision a whlile longer and make things worse when we finally do get our hand forced.



My late father-in-law years ago said that debt would be the destruction of this country and I believed him then and I believe it more so now as we sink deeper and deeper into debt. The people that are a couple decades younger that I am are still going ahead saying, "What? Me Worry?" much like Mad Magazine's character, Alfred E. Newman and opt to keep spending money we don't have simply by giving it away.



The entire thing goes a lot deeper than the present administration. It actually originated with FDR and his early relief programs because that seems to be what opened the doors to the treasury in the first place.



While it can be argued with some success that it had to be done, the mistake that was made is that there wasn't a sunset clause put on the programs. For all intents and purposes, the great depression ended in about 1942 when the country went nuts and became the base of industry for the free world. The relief programs of the 30s should have ended then and there because there was more than enough work for everyone.



Still, it seemed that the country stayed off of the welfare rolls until the 60s when Johnson decided that he was going to create a Great Society and congress plundered the one thing that seemed to be working well, and that was Social Security. They spent the entire social security savings of an entire working class of an entire nation in a little under 2 years.



Actually, the American public has to accept a little responsibility in that because they should have fired up the torches and grabbed the pitchforks and paid Washington DC a little visit. They didn't, and they didn't even vote every single congressman responsible out of office. While I do not have figures, there likely were not a whole lot of people voted out after that major rip-off.



Since the Great Society programs have failed, we seem to have decided that the answer to solving society's problems is to simply throw more money at it and give more stuff away to the point where we are so deep in hock that we will never climb out of debt in our lifetimes.



The election tells me that too damned many Americans are not paying attention to what we spend and that

they seem unconcerned. They seem to be unconcerned about putting on the brakes.



We get what we vote for and while Mitt Romney may not have been the answer, when the answer arrives I would imagine that people are going to be too stupid to give up their free stuff and go back to working for it.



To my neices and nephews that I am passing this country and its debt on to, I am very embarrassed over the mess we are passing on to you. Please remember that I tried and think kindly of me.



I hope I am not here to see the implosion.



On the other hand it would be a lot of fun to see the look of shock on people as the entire system goes down and people find out that they are going to be watching television by candle light and living in a cave somewhere.




my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment