Sunday, July 7, 2013

Dateline 1 July

One of the things we sometimes refer to as 'the disease' in my family is the warped sense of humor several of us share.

One of my favorite stories of motherhood in my family involves my sister and nephew. The nephew is the one that just got married.

It was several years ago and the pair of them were driving down to Florida or somewhere and my nephew was bored looking out the window.

He noticed an adult video mart and commented that it was the biggest one that he had ever seen. My sister didn't bat an eyelash.

'That one sucks," she said. "Too many hookers and wierdos hang out in the parking lot there. Keep your eyes open. There's another one about 30 miles up the road. The prices are better and the selection is bigger. No wierdos hanging out, either."

My nephew went into shock. His own mother!

"The reminds me," she continued. "I ought to pick up one of those buzzy things Kathy Davis told me about. She says they're pretty good."

It was about then my nephew turned a little red and looked sheepish. He'd been had and he knew it.

Of course, he immediately began plotting his revenge, but he was smart enough to know he had a hard act to follow, although over the years he's certainly gotten his licks in.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html

No comments:

Post a Comment