Sunday, July 21, 2013

I heard that George Zimmerman is going to change his name.

He ought to change it to Ben Ghazi so President Obama never mentions it again.

That's what I would do.

I am looking at my driveway which is not paved with concrete or asphalt. It is a pea gravel driveway with river pea gravel and looks great as it compliments the stone landscaping I have there. 

Gravel driveways require adding gravel to them from time to time as the gravel shifts around and gets mashed into the dirt beneath it over time and use. I just added some gravel and made out pretty well in the deal.

I've done business with the gravel supplier before and he like to do business with me as I am not too picky about things. I don't sweat the small stuff.

He had a pretty good sized batch of gravel he was trying to get rid of because it was a little dirty and not very pretty looking and he showed it to me. It did look a bit funky so I grabbed a nearby bucket, put some in it and headed over to a nearby hose and rinsed the stuff off a bit and looked at it. When it was cleaned up it looked pretty good.

"Give me $100 worth," I said. I knew I was going to get a lot more than that and I was proved right when the truck showed up and dropped it off. I got a lot more than I had bargained for which was fine by me.

When I got it spread out one of the neighbors commented that it looked a bit dingy and I told them to be patient.

There have been a couple of rainstorms since and as I had figured the grey dirt has been washed off of the stone and now it matches the other stone pretty well and looks good. 

Sometimes you have to look at what something is going to look like down the road. The rains have washed the gravel off and now it matches and the neighbor commented on how he didn't believe it. It looks great.

It pays to plan ahead a little and not worry about what something looks like when it is done, but what it is going to look like a little ways down the road.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html

No comments:

Post a Comment