Monday, October 13, 2014

I must be getting pretty grouchy.

And maybe that's not all that too awful bad.

The other day I was pushing a shopping cart around and was headed to the checkout and it looked like another woman and I were going to arrive at the checkout at the same time.

Generally I'm pretty good about things as I am usually not in a hurry but this woman had an air about her. She carried herself like the world owed her a living, probably because she was pretty busty.

Like I said, normally I am pretty good to people, but this one was different. A glance at the severe look on her face told me she was a selfish bitch. I looked at her and smiled.

"So who gets to check out who's ass?" I asked her.

She looked a bit stunned. She had figured I was going to be a nice guy, but she recovered quickly.

"You go first," she said.

As I was unloading my cart onto the conveyor belt I turned to her and said, "Too bad I'm not 30 years younger instead of simply being an old man, huh? It's probably be easier on the eye."

She said nothing but I did detect the trace of a sarcastic smirk and watched her shake her head.

I paid for my handful of items and left.

I think it was about fifteen or so years ago when one day I decided that I wasn't going to take a lot of crap any more. It was a series of events that led to it. 

The first one that comes to mind was when I was getting a cup of coffee at the local 7-11 and some big guy tried to barge me out of the way. I stood my ground and told him to wait his turn like everybody else.

He started to give me some crap and I told him that he ought to smarten up because he was in North Hills and over 50% of the concealed carry permits in the county were issued to North Hills residents. He might want to mind his manners while he was in the area.

He turned to the cop behind him trying to make it sund like I had threatened him but the cop didn't take the bait.

"He's right," said the cop.

The guy caved in.

The other event was with a braided armpitted hairy legged hippie chick that was entering a store behind me. I held the door simply to show basic civilized manners.

I was treated to that old 'I can hold my own door' crap.

"Excuse me, I didn't mean to mistake you for being someone else," I said.

"Who did you think I was?" she asked in a condescending tone of voice.

"A mannerly, civilized human being," I replied. "But I guess you're just a miserable bitch. I won't let this happen again. Oh, and don't try turning on the water works. I'm immune to it."

After those and a few other incidents I decided to simply go about my business and try and make everyone I meet a happy person.

If they're happy being happy, fine. If they're happy being miserable, I can do that, too.

After I decided to take that course I have felt a lot better and have had to carry a whole lot less baggage around.














To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment