Wednesday, October 15, 2014

That's my story and I's stickin' to it

.

A trip to the doctor's office and the Big Nurse behind the counter spotted me and came charging around from behind with my form and asked me if I had anything to change.

"Nope. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it," I replied.

What she wanted me to change is the cause of death of my mother. She died well into her 80s and that tells me there was nothing genetic or out of order. Mid 80s is a good long life as far as I figure it.

My dad died of heart disease when he was 57 and THAT was pertinent. I filled out everything I could about that. 

On the other hand I simply left Mom's cause of death blank as I figured it wasn't pertinent. If course, the nebby woman behind the counter wasn't too pleased and demanded I fill it in.

I put down that she was killed in a knife fight after she had won a wet T-shirt contest.

The woman behind the counter read that and went nuts. Chaos ensued and the doctor came over and rescued me from the wrath of the Big Nurse.

My neighbor, who has been an RN for over 30 years heard about it and thinks it's funny. She feels the same way I do. When a person passes well into their 80s there isn't really a genetic problem in their offspring worth looking into. At least unless you are of the mentality of those that show up to the funeral of a 112 year old and ask, "Gee! What did he die of?"

Someone once asked me what my mother-in-law died of after she passed at 91. I snapped that she had flipped her Harley. They looked hurt but it was really their fault for asking. Any woman that lives to the age of 91 is free to die of anything she wants to die of.

Anyway, the record stays. The record says that my mother was killed an a knife fight after she had won a wet T-shirt contest and it is going to stay that way.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment