Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Gee Auntie Jean, did you really do that?



Someone asked that knows me and read one of these posts commented, “Hey, that wasn’t Joe Blow that did that, that was John Livingston! Why did you say it was Joe Blow?”

I don’t think he was wearing his thinking cap when he asked me that.

A lot of what I write about happened thirty or forty years ago and over the years things have changed.  Getting crocked in what was pretty close to a frontier town and doing something crazy back then is not the present day norm for a civilized part of the Lower 48.

When I arrived in the Pittsburgh area after over a decade in Alaska I stopped going to bars almost entirely. This was because of culture shock among other things. However, it was mainly because I realized I had to retrain entirely. Things that would (maybe) draw raised eyebrows up north would mean a ride to jail here in the states.


The reason I do not mention any names is because many of us were caught up in the times and did things that would likely get them thrown into jail in the states. Mentioning names would mean some poor guy sitting there with his grandkids would wind up having a lot of explaining to do over what was then nothing.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment