Saturday, October 21, 2017

Getting up late today


which was rare but happens a little more often these days.

I think I'm going to make chili today which is no bit thing. Chili is a simple saddle tramp meal and not some dish that requires the skills of a gourmet chef.

I think that big chili cooking contests are a joke because it is making s big thing out of nothing. Chili is no bit thing when you look at what it started as.

It was and still is a simple saddle tramp dish cooked on a cast iron skillet and the basis of it is beef, originally from an old steer. The beef is coupled with a few peppers and maybe a few beans. It's a 'whatever you have' simple meal. Nothing more, nothing less.

All that being said, I can whip up a decent bowl of red in jig time. 




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment