Sunday, October 29, 2017

Up, breakfasted, thawing out lunch and I'm ready

I'm writing a letter to someone I have not heard from in about 35 years. It's and interesting thing to do.

In other news I saw a model airplane of a Grumman Goose for about $6 yesterday and I bit.

It's in the Navy configuration but a quick coat of red Testors and it will become an old Kodiak Western plane. KW was a small airline based in Kodaik and once I flew in a Goose similar to the model. It took me from Kodiak to King Salmon. From there it was a funky old Jeep to Naknek.

I have heard that after KW collapsed that one of the airplanes was taken to Hollywood and used in a show called 'Tales of the Gold Monkey'. This was one of those pretty cool shows where the main character was chased through hot steaming jungles but never took off his leather flight jacket. 

Anyway, the model itself cost me about six bucks and I'll bet you the paint and glue will cost much more than that.






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment