Sunday, May 6, 2018

Again, someone tried to play the Holocaust card on me.

As most of you know, every single genocide in the 20th century was preceded by civilian disarmament, AKA Gun Control.

I have used the Holocaust as an excellent example of government gone bad and a genocide following civilian disarmament.

What occasionally follows is when I use the Holocaust as an example someone jumps up and gives me lip about it because some distant relative died in a concentration camp.

Generally speaking, most people that had a relative murdered in a concentration camp then they understand the reference. SOme will occasionally give me a "Hey, I had a relative that died in a concentration camp..."

Yeah? So? It doesn't make you special. I'm not going to let you get away with something because you say you are related to a Holocaust victim.

How I treat people like that depends on how they are playing this. If they are playing some kind of victim card or acting offended I take an interesting tack on it.

"I lost an Uncle at Auschwitz," I will say.

"They threw my mother's 4th cousin twice removed into the gas chambers," is a  typical answer. They think that hiding behind the Holocaust gives them a safe place to hide. I don't play that game. It's just like a woman turning on the water works. I don't fall for that, either.

"My Uncle Fritz was machine gunning some people trying to escape when the gun mount broke and the recoil threw him out of the guard tower and he fell and broke his neck." 

I can say this SO seriously and with a sensitivity that Phil Donahue would be proud of. It generally takes several seconds for it to sink in and when it does the look of pure horror it creates is a real sight to behold.

They don't know if I am being serious or not and either way it just leaves them horrified.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment