Wednesday, May 9, 2018

I just read about a number of complaints at the U of FL commencement

Seems that some of the graduates are upset because they got dragged off of the stage for dragging their feet while they went up to get their diplomas.

I can't blame the University people for dragging them through if they were shuffling their way to pick up their diplomas. I would have done worse. I would have simply shoved them off of the stage but that is just me.

There were 1200 students getting their diplomas. It is a long, slow uncomfortable process. When I went through my high school graduation it took me forever and a day and that was only for 200 graduating students if that.

We went through at a good clip and got it done as fast as we could but it still took a while. I hated it and wished I could have had the school mail it to me but my parents made me go through with it. It was a pain in the ass.

It was bad enough with 200 students and I have a hard time imagining 1200 students having to get their diplomas and listen to a bunch of old windbags spout off. 

Anyone that wasn't blind or crippled that dragged their feet and slowed things down for everyone else should have just plain been shoved off of the stage, period.

The people that did this are not alone. They belong to the group that believes the world revolves around them and that it's OK to wait until they get to the head of the line to make up their mind what they want. We see a lot of this type at Starbucks and fast food lines. They hold up an already long line because they have not made up their mind before they reach the head of the line after a long wait and plenty of time to figure out what they want. 

Sending a foot dragger hurtling through space to land on the floor in front of the stage should be considered the final lesson the school teacher. It should be listed as part of the curriculum, possibly labeled as Graduation Flying Lesson 101 or something.

If the school sends them hurtling through space ending with a fifteen foot or so drop to the main deck they will likely learn not to slow everyone up.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment