Monday, June 4, 2018

I wonder if the aliens in Area 54 are registered to vote?

Interesting question.

Anyone got an answer?

My guess is most of them will vote Democrat.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Someone said to me "You Republicans..."

For the umpteenth time I am NOT a Republican. I tend to vote that way because the closest thing to my political beliefs that has any chance of winning are Republicans.

I am basically a Constitutional Libertarian of which her is no party out there for me to join.

I want less government than the Republicans want.

My government would print an honest currency, keep the beaches secure, mediate differences between the states, insure our Constitutional rights and simply do things that the states or the people can't do for themselves. An example of which is the Interstate Highway System.

Most of our day to day stuff would be the responsibility of the state, county, town or individual.

Someone once suggested I was an Anarchist but I am not. I do see the need for government to keep us from total chaos.



A while back someone said that I was of a true conservative because of my attitude toward abortion.

I asked him how he could call himself a true conservative if he believed that government actually had the authority to regulate such a personal matter. 

Crickets.

I handled the gay marriage issue pretty much the same way by telling him that government should get out of the marriage business entirely and offer 'civil unions' to any two people that want one. If you want to get married, go see the preacher. If the preacher won't perform the wedding (his right to refuse)  find one that will.













To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment