Thursday, June 7, 2018

It's the day after D-Day and I wonder how the steak and eggs they ate fared?

Steak and eggs was generally the pre invasion fare and I wonder how long it was before GI Joe was hungry again on D-Day.

A number of guys out of nervousness or seasickness puked the breakfast up in the landing craft, I'm sure.

Still there were some that held their chow and hit the beach with full stomachs.

When you throw all the adrenaline and everything else there really isn't a fair way of trying to figure out if steak and eggs was the best way to go in the real world of an invasion.

In the real world of an ordinary guy with a lot of hard work to do in a short time, it probably IS the way to go. I do this a couple of times each year.

Putting myself in the twin buckle combat boots of GI Joe on 6 June, 1944 I do believe I would have tried to maybe get another steak or maybe have the cook toss another egg or two on top.

Then I would have hoped to holy hell I could hold it down because it sure was going to be a long, hard day. 



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment