Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Only two good drinks in a half pint.

said someone to me about 40 years ago.

It was his way of looking at if from the point of view of one of those Old School guys I grew up with.

Back in the day a half-pint was 8 ounces and one day I sat down and measured out two each four ounce dallops of brandy and I knocked one back.

In a few seconds I was fully aware that I had just had a drink!

I waited quite a while before I had the second.

I guess everything is how you look at things. That four ounce shot was one hell of a snort but those Old School WW2 guys figured that if you have a drink you should know it.

A couple of days later I had a 1.5 ounce drink of the same thing and really didn't feel much. I thought back and figured that if a guy wants to have a drink and know he has had one then I suppose there really are only two good drinks in a half pint.

It depends on how you look at things.


To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment