Tuesday, January 22, 2019

How many gallons in an hour?

Sometimes I have to fill a fresh water tank.

This means I have to ask a vessel for water and they generally give me what they can afford. If they can't give me a full tank they tell me what they can afford.

"I can give you an hour's worth." is a fairly common answer.

That means the garden hose gets put into the filler tube and the vessel pumps for an hour.

Assuming the engineer is honest and doesn't quietly shut it off the minute one's back is turned the tank gets whatever goes through the hose in an hour.

Of course this really doesn't mean a whole lot because nobody ever wants to say how many gallons there are in an hour.

Working on the water is often a strange place.


To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment