Monday, January 21, 2019

Someone started in on me with why I should get a tattoo.

By Old school rules, tattoos were for convicts, bikers, sailors and French Foreign Legionnaires. US Service people are also permitted to get one service related tat, a couple examples are a Seabee getting the Seabee emblem or a paratrooper getting jump wings.

I am a sailor and under Old School rules I qualify. I am eligible for an Old School Sailor Jerry's tattoo, a shipmate made hand made tat or maybe one by an Asian artist in a foreign port.

I am not eligible for, say, some kind of currently in the vogue tat from some clown in a place like Scranton.

For a while I considered a Sailor Jerry's mermaid on my left upper arm but when I started giving it some serious thought I nixed it. They have gotten too damned mainstream.

When I see teenage girls and grandmothers with full sleeves and slathered with ink I instantly decided against it. It means that it is 
certainly far too mainstream for my taste.

Anyway, someone has been asking me why I have no ink. I told him I didn't want any and of course, the big question was why not.

I think I nipped this one in the bud.

I pointed out that mob guys don't get inked because they are distinguishing marks that can be used for identifying them. When he asked me again I went 'Quick fix'. I simply told him I was a criminal and would commit a violent crime against him if he asked again and I didn't want any identifying marks on me to identify myself after I stuffed him through a chipper/shredder.

That drew a sour look but stopped him dead in his tracks.

Truth is I have no ink simply do not want to look like a teenager or someone's grandmother.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment