Thursday, January 10, 2019

I have to watch out on my sarcastic advice giving.

On a CPAP machine used for sleep apnea there is a chamber for water. The water as a very fine mist is breathed because it keeps one's nose and throat from drying out while they sleep.

Someone once asked me if I knew of a scent or something to put into the water. Personally I see no reason to do this. The water works just fine but a lot of people tend to try improve everything that comes down the pike.

Anyway I suggested adding a tablespoon or two of Pine Sol to the water reservoir and said it would smell like he was sleeping in a Christmas tree stand. I was being sarcastic.

Of course, he tried it, drew a couple breaths and gagged. He instantly flushed the reservoir out and went back to water. 

Then the next time he saw me he jumped on my case. He was madder than a wet hornet.

I told him he ought to get his sarcasm meter calibrated and that thinking is not an option in this life. I said, "Pine Sol? Really? Did you stop for a second and think? What were you smoking?"

I suppose we'd ALL be better off is we stopped every so often and thought things through.

And I suppose I better slow down a bit on being a smart ass because as we as a society get dumber and dumber it's a matter of time before I suggest someone jump off of a bridge and he does.

That in itself would not really bother me but as we get dumber and dumber we tend to go after other people and blame them for our misfortunes. 

A while ago one of the GPS companies got sued because it told a woman to turn and she did and drove herself into a lake. 

I suppose if I do not change my ways I will find myself in court for telling someone to look for a gas leak with a cigarette lighter. On the other hand if some crayon eater is stupid enough to take my advice and blows themselves up it's really not too much of a loss. 







To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment