Saturday, January 26, 2019

Steve McQueen movie to day.

The Sand Pebbles, what is to many considered his best performance.

I suppose his most popular performances were in 'The Great Escape' and 'Bullet' but I think his best performance was of Jake Holman in 'The Sand Pebbles'.

Four bucks on Ebay got it to my door.

Incidentally most people do not know about our involvement in China before WW2. It was considered a pretty good gig for Sailors and Marines. A number of them took their retirement there and married/shacked up with Chinese women and raised families. Often they opened bars and or brothels to take care of the needs of the serving Sailors and Marines on active duty.

I met one onetime, he was an old man then. He had retired in CHina, married a Chinese woman and right after Pearl Harbor managed to escape to Russia with his wife and kids. From there they caught a ride to the States and he spent the war in California doing something for the Navy.

He was an interesting man and he gave me his recipe for Hot Buttered Rum which I make every Halloween for the grownup trick or treaters.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment