Monday, February 24, 2020

I want to speak to the manager

A couple of days ago I posted about trouncing on some little Karen that wanted to speak to the manager at a local Walmart. She thought she was special and could break the rules and decided to go up the chain.

Now a manager is what he is. He is nothing less than a store manager and nothing more, either. In short he's just another working stiff that has been hired to run a store. I'm sure it's a halfway decent job and all but he's only the guy in charge of one store.

One of these days when I am retired and have time I am seriously thinking of seeing how far up the chain I can get with a petty complaint. Manager, my ass! I want to speak to the CEO!

I'm sure there is a hierarchy in chain stores. There's a store manager, a regional manager and so on up the chain to the point where one has to fly to Benton, Arkansas to get to speak to the bigger bosses.

I wonder how far up the chain I can get.

While we're on the subject, I wonder how far up the federal government chain of command that someone could get.

When I was in the service we had the right to take a complaint up the chain of command. Squad leader, First Sergeant, battery commander, battalion commander, regimental commander all the way up to the President. Of course one never really got very far. The furthest up the chain of command I ever saw someone take anything was to battalion level. The guy that did this eventually wished he'd not even brought thee issue in question up.

Still, it might be fun to take a complaint up the corporate chain as far as one could get. If you get it up far enough it possible (but not too likely) that they would buy you a new car or something just to make you go away.

On the other hand, I imagine if you tried this with the Clinton Foundation that Hillary would simply have you whacked but I digress.

Still, it would be interesting to see how far up you could go to register a complaint that the breakfast sandwich you pair $2 for out of the heated cabinet wasn't warm enough to suit you.

I would imagine that back int he day when Sam Wall was still alive a guy could get to talk to him and if you played your cards right he's probably offer to take you bird hunting.

Still, I'm fairly sure I could do better than some idiot Karen that wanted to speak to the manager. I could probably get up the chain to at least some regional manager or something.

Tune in when I retire and need something interesting to do.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment