Saturday, February 22, 2020

Yesterday I got a little testy.

I was in line a the market and behind a damned Karen type that started a beef with the cashier over an expired coupon. Of course she escalated and wanted to speak to the manager.

I hate people like that. Her plan was most likely to create such a stink they'd cave in to her just to get rid of her. In addition to that she would likely report thee cashier as being rude. The cashier was an old woman that likely was supplementing Social Security. She was in a position where she was unable to defend herself. 

I decided I to help the poor woman out. I was going to get involved. I leaned forward and spoke to the insufferable bitch.

"The manager's name is Ray Charleston. I've known him for years. Want his cell number?"

She took the bait and when she started dialing I looked at the cashier and said I had forgotten an item and would be right back. I took off fast. I had given her MY cell number.

My phone started ringing and I caught it on the third ring. I was out of earshot from her and I could see her. I answered the phone.

"Ray Charleston," I snapped.

She started in immediately babbling on about how the cashier had been rude to her and wouldn't take her coupon and on and on. I let her run on a bit and then brought her up short.

"I see you. We have you on camera. You're that miserable c*** at register four that abused my cashier over an out of date coupon. I want you to leave and leave now. You can pay for your merchandise or leave it. I don't care. Just leave. If I have to come out and throw you out I am going to have you arrested for trespassing."

It was wonderful watching her go into shock. Her few items had already been rung up. She paid and left like a shot. It was like Lucifer himself was chasing her.

I returned to my cart and started putting my stuff on the conveyor. The cashier looked at me. "The manager's name isn't Ray Charleston," she said.

"I know," I answered. "It's the first name I could make up."

"That was YOUR cell number you gave her!" she said, wide eyed. "What did you tell her?"

I laughed. "You don't want to know. Let's just say I didn't want her to get you into trouble so I was unkind."

I thought that poor old woman behind the register was going to wet her pants laughing.






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

1 comment: