Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Looking back on the Richmond rally I wonder

not only how big it really was. Northam and company say 22,000 but I know it was bigger than that.

What I wonder about is how many people didn't show after they sent out all sorts of fear threats of possible violence.

I'll admit I had a lot of fear and trepidation showing up at such a large armed rally. I just knew inside the likelihood of things turning sour. One agitator could have turned it into a real horror show. A panicky cop could have really created havoc.

Yet they pulled it off.

What I would love to know is how any people would have shown up had the clowns in the capitol building not sent threats of violence out. Possibly double or even triple.

888888888888888888888

I do remember one idiot of a cop that was telling people to remove their magazines. The guys would pull them out, walk five or six steps and reinsert them. 

I was unarmed and when the guy in front of me was told to do this he looked at me. "Take it out," I said and then for the benefit of the cop I said to the kid, "If we have to start shooting policemen today you'll have plenty of time to reload."

Of course the cop turned purple but was smart enough not to say anything. His partners yanked him aside and talked to him.

The kid yanked his magazine and a couple of steps later I told him to reinsert it.

Actually what the cop was doing was outright dangerous. Most of the guys had a loaded mag in the well, a round in the chamber and the safety on. If left alone that combination is safe enough. It's when you start fooling around with things that you run into trouble. Sometimes it is best to leave well enough alone.


To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment