Sunday, February 9, 2020

Uno de los dias

There are days when these posts write themselves and days I am sitting here blank minded. This is one of those times.

As I look around I see that I have an awful lot of things running off of USB plugs to the point where I an going to get one of those splitters you plug into the wall and get a half dozen USB outlets. It makes sense.

It's somewhat surprising how much stuff is now charged and run off of USB outlets but on the other hand it isn't. It seems like most electronics today run off of low voltage. I bet that todays televisions even take house current and reduce it to a much lower voltage but I may be wrong here.

Still, laptop chargers reduce household AC to a much lower voltage. Then you have cell phones, tablets and a bunch of other things that require a USB plug or some sort of wall wart. Not a whole lot other than lights and things with motors run directly off of 110 VAC anymore.

It would be interesting to try and imagine when 110 VAC is going to become obsolete. 



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment