Sunday, July 31, 2022

Looks like Pelosi got her weapons bill through the House.

which means it has to go through the Senate and if it does Biden will sign it and it will become the Law of the Land which I will break as I break a lot of other laws on a routine basis.

There have been numerous times in my life I have had either Karen or Joe Citizen inform me that what I was doing was AGAINST THE LAW only to have me explain that I am a criminal and the law doesn't apply to me because as a criminal it is my job to break whatever laws I see fit.

I have had a couple people go off on me for saying that and I generally wait a while and then say, "I'm running a little short of cash. What bank do you keep your money in?" Settles them right down.

I don't rob banks, I don't hurt people needlessly, I'm kind to the elderly. I don't roar through residential neighborhoods as fast as I can. I don't generally buy alcohol for minors because the end result is kids do dopey things when they get a snootful. I have and probably will continue to pick up a six-pack for a reasonably intelligent US Service man, though, especially if he has any kind of a combat deployment under his belt. If he's mature enough to go to war he's mature enough to have a cold beer.

As for parking, I don't block people's driveways or traffic because it's a doltish thing to do. However there have been times I have parked illegally on purpose because it was cheaper. When someone wants fifteen scoots for a legal space and a parking ticket is only ten then do the math.

I don't do drugs because it's stupid. If I wanted to I would. I don't own a mechine gun simply because I don't want one because they're too expensive to feed. Besides, only accurate rifles interest me. I'm a target shooter.

To put it in a small box, I live my life the way I see fit taking care to look out for the other guy. I pretty much give the world what's theirs and take what's mine.

Let's face it, laws are created for stupid, greedy and dishonest people. If everyone acted responsibly we wouldn't need them. While I have had my moments, I've pretty much gone through life without bothering to check and see if something is legal or not. If it's right I do it, if it's wrong I don't. I've never had any real problems with the law.

One thing, though. I'm a strict Constitutionalist. Nancy's bill doesn't pass muster with the Bill of Rights so that's just one more reason to ignore it. 



Always remember that Anne Frank was hidden by outlaws and ratted out by law abiding citizens. Just because something is legal doesn't make it right and just because somethiing is illegal doesn't make it wrong.

As for government? I seriously consider government a necessary evil that should only exist to do the things for people that they can not do by themselves. 

As for elected officials? They are not my leaders. I am my own leader. elected officials are supposed to be my representatives. When they start thinking they are there to tell me what to do it's time to send them packing. Either that or ignore them.

The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves—in their separate, and individual capacities. In all that the people can individually do as well for themselves, government ought not to interfere....Abraham Lincoln.

I don't think they are doing a very good job.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment