Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Hiking the Appalachian Trail in cutoffs and flip flops.

While I was visiting family in MA a few weeks ago I blew out a flip flop.

Off to the Dollar Store for a reshoeing. A buck and a quarter I was shod again.

While paying for them the cashier commented that the new flip flops probably wouldn't last very long.

"What do you mean?" I asked. "I hiked the entire Appalachian Trail in the last pair. I bought them here."

That got me a wide-eyed "Really?"

"Yup. Cut-offs, flip flops, two t-shirts a poncho, an army blanket and about $6 worth of hiking gear I bought at Goodwill."

"Wow!"


 



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment