Friday, July 28, 2023

Well, my rifle rebuild shoots pretty good.

I took it out to the range and sighted it in. To make sure I got the first shot on the paper I leaned a refrigerator box against the target stand to insure my first round 'hit the paper'.

It was a couple inches low and to the right. 

When I saw I would be on the paper I set up a target and got a good 50 yard zero which should be pretty close at 200 yards.

Considering I was running handloads from my old rifle and not tuned handloads and got pretty much a MOA I was tickled pink.

As for the refrigerator box, I learned a lesson from the time I bought a Garand with a shot out barrel that threw a 'group' of about 3 feet at 100 yards. When I didn't hit the paper after a couple of rounds I dragged out an old blanket from my pickup and draped it over the target stands and fired on it.

Yup. 3 FEET at 100 yards. Time for a rebarreling!

Anyway someone at the range said something and I pointed out that it's easy to get the first shot on the paper if it is big enough.

Works for me and saves me trouble. 




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment