Tuesday, July 4, 2023

One of the guys I served with is someone I wonder about.

Close to the end of my hitch we had a PFC check into the battery that was a pretty squared away soldier. He was a transferee from a base outside some city. He never told me where.

He did tell me why he transferred to our unit. He wanted to leave his duty station because it was too close to home and he wanted to leave the place with a passion.

Seems he was trying to steer clear of the gang scene and become 'someone'. It was interesting that he tended to speak slow because he was trying to lose a Spanish accent. I think he was a Puerto Rican.

Top later told me that when he signed in is where the educational office was. 

He seemed to be a pretty nice guy and appeared to get along with everyone. He didn't drink hard and did have a halfway decent vehicle that he bought used instead of charging out there and buying a new one.

His career goal when he got out was to become an electrician.

I wonder what happened to him.

Hopefully he's a retired electrician living in the 'burbs.


Happy 4th.







To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment