Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Looks like I'm back in the service rifle game.

We shall see what we shall see.

Last month I shot an 80 shot service rifle match and it was rugged. My eyes are going. During slow fire strings I had to wait until a target on either side of me went down to keep from cross firing because the target numbers were so blurred I couldn't really read them.

The aiming black was a blur and as to be expected I did really poorly.

That's because I am a cantankerous Old School Luddite that still shot with irons. I like irons and if I could see even a little better I'd still shoot with them, scores be damned.

Anyway I was about to throw in the towel until I saw a pretty good looking fairly inexpensive flat top upper at Camp Perry which I snagged. It was $400, a quarter of the price of a White Oak and probably suitable enough for me to wade back into the game.

At this stage a White Oak upper would be Big Time overkill for me. I'm not looking for a quarter minute of X-ring accuracy now. A minute of 10-ring is more than good enough to keep me going.

So I have ordered a low end Athlon scope in mildot/mils and a quickie set of rings to see what happens. 

Will keep you posted.

Pic, out.

 

 


To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment