Friday, July 14, 2023

Hmmm.....An overcast day.

which means I can replace the back door without roasting.

Yesterday would have been perfect but at the last minute the wife grabbed me for something. That was followed by something else and something else a yet another something and it was about 1030 before I could get back on task.

By then the day was shot so I did other things.

The DryLok project is coming along slow but very steady. The kid underbid his time and screwed himself. I'm going to let that one stew so as to give him the learning experience. However, I will make it good for him because it's the right thing to do. I'll toss him a couple of big, meaty bones in the form of extras. Win/win. It's hard to find people these days and even though he is slow he is meticulous. 

MUCH to his credit he is slugging it out and continuing to do a meticulous job instead of the hurry up panic that sets in on a sub when he realizes he has to hurry up. People like that are gold.

The garage is done and I bought two steels shelving units, one from Homeless Depot, the other off of Craigslist, New in box. The Homeless Depot one is rated to be able to hold five tons!

Yesterday I also replaced two light fixtures in the generally unused upstairs. The was a joke. The old ones were literally hanging by wires as I had started to take them down and the wife said to hold off until she makes up her mind what fixtures to use. That was well over a decade ago. We never used the upstairs, anyway.

Yesterday I made up her mind for her. I put up a pair of reasonably well made fixtures that seem to go well with the place and to my surprise they were pretty inexpensive. They go good in the old place and look kind of 40s-ish.








To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment