Sunday, April 17, 2011

Ever buy something like a football or a pillow on eBay?

Try it sometime. Hilarity is likely to ensue.

It will probably come packaged the way a soccer ball I bought there came.

Neighbor Bob's kid had a birthday coming up so I decided to get the kid a soccer ball. I got a pretty good price for one on eBay and sent the money off and presto!

There it came in a huge box that some guy in a brown truck left on my doorstep.

I opened the box and sadly shook my head.

The ball was wrapped in several layers of bubble wrap and the oversized box was jammed full of packing peanuts.

I took one look at the packing and then carefully checked to make sure I had bought a real soccer ball instead of a model soccer ball made of something like bone china.

Nope. It was a real live ordinary soccer ball of the kind that kids just boot around these days.

I brought this up to a shipmate today and he told me that he once bought a pillow of some sort on eBay and it was the same deal for him. A huge oversized box with a pillow covered in bubble wrap and carefully placed into a box full of packing peanuts to make sure that if it was handled roughly in shipping that it wouldn't get broken.

Don't these people have a brain?



my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment