Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I am up early because

 of the racket the crane outside is malking because my mate has gotten up early to get things done to beat the heat.and the crowds.  I can not slight him for this. He manages to get a lot done before he calls it a day.

There's a lot to do today and as soon as I post this I am going to hit it hard. It is going to be another day of hard times and heat.

This is a pretty professional crew.

It is going to be a long drive home for me and I wonder if I can get off of this thing on time to take a side road I have wanted to travel  on for about 15 years. US 250.

It goes though the mountains of West Virginia and I traveled it about 15 years ago but it was mostly at night.

SHortly after you leave Charlottsville, Virginia it gets pretty and when I traveled it fifteen years ago I was somewhere in West Virginia when in my headlights I saw a guy in bib overalls carrying a rifle cross the street in front of me. I have wondered what that was all about for years. Maybe he was a moonshiner. WHo knows.

ANyway, it looks like I am going to get my chance to run off and see it this time by daylight unless something else pops up and things go to pot.

We'll see.



my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment