Monday, October 29, 2012

I am prepared for Hurricane Sandy

WHile everyone and their cousin was busy tearing everything edible off of the shelves of every food store in town, I made my preperations.

I bought a bottle of bourbon.

I'm prepared.




I do not see why people stockpile all sorts of food before a storm. It is ridiculous in most cases because just about everyone has enough stuff in their cabinets to last a week of push comes to shove.

My mother used to stock up on bread and milk when we were growing up and that made sense because she was feeding 5 kids. What DIDN'T make sense is she kept doing this long after we were out of the house.

What's a little old lady going to do with 6 loaves of bread and 3 gallons of milk?

The other thing is that when she got older she STILL insisted on going out in the middle of a snowstorm to get a little thing that could wait. Once it almost cost her her life when she ran off the road in a snowstorm.

One should not have to go out and stock up on stuff they should already have.



my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment