Sunday, December 21, 2014

I just read where a celebrity of some kind

 wants to be a reserve cop but can't because he has a violent felony on his record. He wants a pardon.

There are a number of celebrities that have law enforcement credentials of one sort or another. I don't know why but they do.

I am pretty ambivalent on this.

I'm sure he has cleaned up his act and isn't likely to do anything stupid and violent again. I'm generally a forgiving type but this kind of sticks in my craw a bit for a number of reasons.

First of all I don't like how celebrities seem to get breaks that Joe Average can only dream of. If I pulled half the stuff some of these guys did I would be in jail for decades. Yet the courts seem to let these singers and actors slide or at least don't punish them like they'd punish one of the unwashed masses like myself.

I'm going to have to vote no pardon on this one. They would not pardon Joe Average so why should they pardon him?

It should also serve as a message to Hollywood types being a celebrity isn't a license to do what you want.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment