Tuesday, December 23, 2014

We've all eaten

 in or at least seen Chinese restaurants.

 I just at glanced the the news and saw where someone is bringing American stuff to Chinese restaurants. When I say Chinese restaurants I am not talking about Ming Fu's in Hackensack, New Jersey somewhere. I'm talking about real Chinese restaurants. The kind the have in China.

While I will cheerfully admit I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to the passing news item on the tube, I did see cans of Heinz 57 ketchup labeled in what I presume is Chinese. 

Leave it to the Americans to export stuff like that. I do not know how stuff like ketchup will be received in China but I have seen stranger things take off. It doesn't take a whole lot of imagination to picture some Chinese guy dumping a slug of Heinz 57 on the old fried rice.

Once they start doing that in Peking you can probably rest assured that Ming Fu's in Hackensack is going to put ketchup on the table as a condiment because it will make their restaurant 'authentically Chinese'.

They say that art imitates life and they are most likely true most of the time, but I see another case of life imitating art coming up.

I don't eat out often but in the next year or so I am going to check into a Chinese restaurant or two here and there to see if stuff like ketchup on the table.

Of course, only an American would try and peddle ketchup to the Chinese but that's likey the way we are. After all, you can get a Coke just about any place on the planet.

In fact I would not be surprised to be able to get a pretty good burger, fries and Coke in Nepal.

I also wouldn't be surprised on down the road to see authentic Chinese restaurants in the US of A making burgers and fries just like they will eventually in downtown Peking.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment