Saturday, December 13, 2014

If you have been following

 this blog for some time you might recall that I became an ordained minister a while back as somewhat of an insurance policy for my nephew's wedding.

I put the sticker on the back window of my pickup and have had a couple of people ask me about it. Generally this is when I look particularly scruffy for some reason or another. Most likely because a scruffy clergyman looks out of place in most areas.

Generally I am kind and politely explain that I am an ordained minister of the Universal Life Church and people leave it at that.

I have had one guy that asked me in the wrong tone of voice, though. When he asked belligerently why I had a minister sticker on my truck I snapped back at him, "Because I'm a f***ing minister, A$$hole!"

The look of shock on his face was priceless.

The other time I fell back on my ministry to get something done was when I was sitting in the galley and some newbie came charging in most likely carrying another rumor or other tiding of great joy.

I pointed at my certificate and told him, "I am hearing this man's confession."

He stopped and tried to figure it out. He read the certificate.

"He's getting to the good part and we would like a little privacy," I added.

I guess what he read sunk in.

"Uh...sorry," he said, and fled like Old Beelzebub himself was chasing him.

Sometimes being a minister has its advantages.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment