Thursday, June 4, 2015

Last night I think I added two rocks to the pile.

The airwaves were open and I managed to make a pair of QSOs that are All Time New Ones for me.

Azerbaijan and Kyrgyzstan are now in my log book. I worked the former on voice and the latter on CW.

My CW is lousy and I believe that he got my call sign correctly so I am going to risk a couple bucks an sen for a card. We'll see.

In other news I spent several hours yesterday with a guy that is now a policeman in one of the more rural counties north of here.

One of the things we discussed is so-called 'sovereign citizens' which a lot of policemen consider to be a pain in the ass. Most of these clowns are just malcontents that don't have a clue as to how to go about things and simply can't afford to establish their sovereignty correctly.

You have to set up an entire nation, complete with recognition from other countries etc. I would imagine Putin would recognize your little fiefdom instantly just to embarrass Obama.

The amount of things one has to do is incredible but if you have enough time and money I suppose you could do it properly.

The Republic of 123 Elm St, Hometown, USA.

Of course, the US government could simply refuse to allow you entry into the States and you'd be stuck for the rest of your life on your land. Either that or they could simply invade you and chuck you into Gitmo as a POW for the next 20 years.

Anyway I had a pretty good visit with my friend. He's a pretty good guy and from what I can see he's learning to be a pretty good cop.



  



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment