Saturday, June 27, 2015

Time to read a few banned books.



Think I'll reread Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn again after a several decade absence from Mark Twain.

During one of the Confederate flag discussions someone mentioned that Tom and Huck had been banned from most schools for a while.

That sparked an interest.

There is no better way to ruin a book  than to put it on the required reading list. On the other hand there is no better way to spark interest in a book than to ban it.

Of course, there is no faster way to get me to buy something than to make it politically incorrect to own.

While I am not a Confederate flag in the window kind of guy, it is politically incorrect to own one. So of course, I bought one. It will likely get put in a trunk and be left there but that's not the point. 

It is politically incorrect to have one therefore I had to get one. 

Now that you mention it, I might put together a collection of flags. I think I just thought up a new international signal.

Old Glory upside down and below that you fly the Israeli flag followed by the Swastika. Below that you put the Rainbow flag. Under that goes the Confederate flag under that goes the ISIS flag and beneath that the Syrian flag, followed by the Earth flag.

You now have the International signal that a family fight is in progress.

But I digress...

I do not think I am a whole lot different than a lot of other folks. If I was living in Connecticut I likely would not have registered my firearms, either. This does not make me some sort of an individual because about 90% of the Connecticut residents didn't, either.

This doesn't make me some kind of a rebel, really. It just makes me fairly normal.

I'll remember this when I reread Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment